Saturday, March 28, 2009

a little help from our friends

We are so lucky to know Cheryl. She is truely a gem! And if you know her you certainly know what we mean. And if you don't know her you will be the end of Reflections and you will have made a new and wonderful friend. Our wonderful friend is not only going to be doing a make and take on Friday using Fiskars and Cosmo Cricket but also had been our Fiskateer angel helping us get Fiskars as one of our sponsors. Here's a little more about her.

Hello to all . . . I’m Cheryl Waters and I’m thrilled to be a part of ‘Reflections.’ I’m married and a mother to a funny and sweet ten year old daughter, Abigail. I love to spend time with my family, my church family, and friends. I’m a big football fan by inheritance (I have a cousin who plays in the pros). We are definitely a football family.
I work full time in law enforcement. I am blessed to have occasional opportunities in my full time job to share my passion for art. I enjoying spending my spare time working with all kinds of mediums from paper to fabric to canvas. I enjoy teaching paper and altered art mainly in California and Arizona but have traveled throughout the US. I enjoy the many friendships that have been established as a result of teaching and being a participant in the scrapbooking community.
In 2006, I had the blessing of being a part of a groundbreaking movement in which Fiskars (the orange handled scissor company), a brand identity company Brains on Fire, myself and three other gals from different parts of the US were able to begin a community called the Fiskateers. I love this position and currently still serve as a lead Fiskateer. I have enjoyed serving in the past as a member of the creative team at my local scrapbook store for several years and have also enjoyed writing and creating projects for Stampington and Co. (Somerset Home, Somerset Memories – formerly Legacy), as well as Memory Makers books.
I am so grateful for all the wonderful and talented people I have met through this journey called ‘scrapbooking’ and deeply cherish the friendships that have been made along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment